Director, Business and Legal Affairs, Rdio
The The kind of person we’re looking for…
You are a self-starter who is capable of working toward deadlines in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. You can’t get enough of the latest happenings in the digital media world. You can hold your own at the negotiation table and skillfully put together an impeccable contract to close the deal. You are comfortable talking to anyone seeking your expertise, be it the CEO or a coordinator needing help on a rights dispute.
This role will based out of Rdio’s headquarters in San Francisco, CA and reports to our General Counsel.
The kind of stuff you’ll be doing…
- Negotiate, write, and execute agreements and contracts
- Offer counsel and explanation of legal language to stakeholders on a variety of legal issues
- Advise executives within the company and work alongside employees in strategic business units (and business development), marketing and corporate alliances, among others
- Manage various projects and deadlines
- Advise business development and GC on contract status, legal risks and business terms of various deals
- Provide assistance with global joint ventures, strategic partnership deals, and mergers and acquisition
- Draft terms and conditions in agreements
- Research unique legal issues impacting the organization by identifying applicable statutes, judicial decisions, and codes
- Keep abreast of legislative changes that may affect the company and its affiliates
- Perform pre-litigation work to minimize risks and maximize legal rights
- Review advertising and marketing materials to ensure compliance with legal requirements in particular territories
- Develop solutions to complex legal questions
- Provide support to GC, company and its affiliates on substantive legal topics.
The kind of skills & experience we expect…
- Admission to State Bar of California
- 5-8 years experience with IP, digital media and music and/or television/film licensing
- Corporate, litigation and regulatory legal experience a plus
What we offer...
We’re a start-up, but our salaries are all grown-up. In addition, we have comprehensive health coverage (medical, vision, and dental), a 401k, 7 week paid parental baby bonding leave and 15 days of vacation. You will also receive equity so you’re in a good position to enjoy Rdio’s future successes.
How to apply...
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the title and job code for this role - #LG01 - in the subject of your email.
No recruiters or recruitment agencies, please.