Director of PR - UK/EU
The kind of person we’re looking for...
The Director of PR - UK/EU will lead all public relations efforts for Rdio in the United Kingdom and the European Union, as needed. The primary purpose of this position is to execute global PR initiatives locally and to create localised plans that positively position Rdio. In this function, this person will handle proactive and reactive media relations, develop strategies and campaigns to support key business objectives, proactively seek out media and other influential partners (writers, bloggers, influencers) to build and maintain long-term relationships, as well as work closely with local PR agencies if needed.
This person will develop a proactive and reactive communications strategy, including crisis communications as needed. The successful candidate will have deep experience creating and executing consumer-facing and lifestyle-oriented communication campaigns along with unparalleled relationships in local media (business and tech, and lifestyle/consumer/music).
This position collaborates closely with other areas of marketing, including the global PR team, Music Marketing, Artist & Influencer Relations, and Social Media Marketing as well as Business Development, Product/Design and the Rdio executive team.
This role will be based out of Rdio's London office, but communicating regularly with our San Francisco, CA headquarters.
The kind of stuff you’ll be doing...
- Develop local and regional communications strategies, goals and objectives
- Adapt global PR and communications strategy to the local market(s) in order to reach similar goals and objectives
- Proactively identify opportunities coming from Rdio HQ to create and execute comprehensive PR programs that make sense for the market(s)
- Plan, manage, and amplify announcements for global product launches
- Generate and maintain a localised editorial calendar for the market(s) and reference it to surface and promote Rdio content to media partners
- Continually synergize across Marketing to develop PR plans that are in tandem with social media and content marketing efforts, especially around brand priorities like music franchises and key artist initiatives
- Identify local priority targets across all segments of the media; Manage key relationships with press and partners across business, tech and consumer, including music and lifestyle
- Brief media, set up product demos, implement review campaigns, plan media tours and schedule and facilitate interviews with executives
- Management of external PR agencies including selection, metric setting, and tracking on an as-needed basis
- Track and promote company and industry press coverage and news in market(s)
- Monitor the effectiveness of communication initiatives and evaluate methods of improvement for the market(s)
- Draft communications materials including press releases, media alerts, Q&As and fact sheets; adapt global toolkits to local market(s)
- Work with all global marketing teams to ensure localised PR efforts are actively integrated with global marketing plans
- Serve as a primary spokesperson for media inquiries in market(s)
- Work in tandem with internal advertising and influencer teams to maximize media relationships and leverage editorial as needed
- Provide localised strategic counsel and input to Rdio executives
- Organize local press conferences and events, when necessary
The kind of skills & experience we expect...
- 7+ years in public relations. Consumer brand or agency experience highly desirable
- Proven expertise in the development and implementation of strategic PR programs for a consumer-facing brand
- Impeccable relationships in key local media across multiple segments
- Strong strategic media and public relations capabilities
- Experience managing contractors and agencies internationally
- International PR experience is a plus
- Deep knowledge of the UK market and it’s media challenges; cursory knowledge of key EU markets and media within
- Experience interacting with executives and managing communication strategies
- Experience anticipating issues and being proactive
- Solid presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Familiarity with the entertainment industry and digital music
- Ability to communicate and partner across multiple marketing functions and effectively deliver messages to press as company spokesperson
- Deep knowledge of PR strategies from a global and local perspective
- Highly motivated self-starter, able to work independently as well as across different time zones
What we offer...
We’re a start-up, but our salaries are all grown-up. In addition, we have comprehensive health coverage, 20 vacation days, 8 paid bank/public holidays and 7 weeks paid baby bonding leave. You will also receive equity so you’re in a good position to enjoy Rdio’s future successes.
How to apply...
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the job title for this role and the job code - #MK04 - in the subject of your email and in your cover letter.
No recruiters or recruitment agencies, please