Software Engineer - Test
The kind of person we are looking for
The Rdio QA group is looking for software engineers with experience developing automated tests for our web and mobile clients and our backend services. Extending our existing tests to integrate user stories in a cutting-edge, automated way will help us identify engineering issues early, eliminate system downtime and keep our listeners rocking.
We are looking for smart people with solid programming experience, a passion for detail and an ability to think like an Rdio listener.
The kind of stuff you’ll be doing…
- Build the integration tests using our existing automated test suites as a foundation
- Evaluate and give input on developers’ unit tests
- Talk, IM and email effectively with our web, mobile and backend development teams
The kind of skills & experience we expect…
- 3+ years experience writing and extending automated tests
- Fluency in a high level language, e.g. Python or Ruby
- Deep understanding of QA with experience planning and programming automated tests
- Organized and detail oriented with a planned inbox strategy and a tidy calendar
- Passionate about product quality with a critical eye for software design
- Experience programming tests in Selenium or another web test driver
- Mobile OS automated testing experience
What we offer...
We’re a start-up, but our salaries are all grown-up. In addition, we have comprehensive health coverage (medical, vision, and dental), a 401k, 7 week paid parental baby bonding leave and 15 days of vacation. You will also receive equity so you’re in a good position to enjoy Rdio’s future successes.
How to apply...
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the title and job code for this role - #ENG10 - in the subject of your email.
No recruiters or recruitment agencies, please.