Lead Infrastructure Engineer
The kind of stuff you'll be doing...
- The infrastructure team deals mostly with data storage, performance, and scalability. We build and maintain a number of internal of services that power the core of Rdio. We work closely with our backend team and operations team and are constantly looking for how to squeeze a few extra milliseconds out of each request/job.
- You will be part of a rapid development cycle, writing code primarily in Python
- Build and maintain high performance and scalable systems
- Diagnose and solve operational, performance and scalability issues, including building or integrating tools to improve diagnostic ability
- Design and build out storage infrastructure - using both sql and nosql solutions as appropriate for the problem domain, to scale to many millions of users.
Mentor developers in other groups on how to build scalable, high-performance software that can integrate into our systems.
The kind of skills & experience we expect…
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5+ years experience with large scale web or data processing infrastructures
- Minimum 5 years experience building backend systems to scale to terabytes of data and millions of transactions per day
- Strong experience with software best practices (unit testing, software design, code reviews)
Has experience or is an expert in one (preferably more) of the following:
- At least one scripting language (python, php, ruby, etc.)
- At least one compiled language (java, c, go, etc.)
- Scaling traditional RDBMS (mysql, postgresql)
- NoSQL databases (riak, cassandra, voldemort, hbase, etc)
- HDFS/Hadoop infrastructures (pig, hive, flume/scribe)
Large scale cacheing systems (memcached)
What we offer...
We’re a start-up, but our salaries are all grown-up. In addition, we have comprehensive health coverage (medical, vision, and dental), a 401k, 7 week paid parental baby bonding leave and 15 days of vacation. You will also receive equity so you’re in a good position to enjoy Rdio’s future successes.
How to apply...
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the title in the subject line - of your email.
No recruiters or recruitment agencies, please.